Next Step Mentoring
Next Step Mentoring is coordinated by Curtin Careers, Employment & Leadership in collaboration with the Curtin Alumni Relations Office.
The program matches Curtin students (both domestic and international) in their penultimate and final study years with industry professionals. Mentors include Curtin alumni, staff and industry partners who assist their mentee's to develop the skills and knowledge required to transition into graduate employment.
The program runs for 5 months and requires a minimum of ten contact hours over the program period. Contact is flexible and can be made through face-to-face meetings, Skype, email or phone calls.
- Enhance your leadership, communication and coaching skills
- Inspire students to reach their career potential
- Give back to your profession and community
- Learn fresh perspectives from today’s students
- Extend your professional network with other mentors
- Gain exposure to highly-motivated students and help your industry receive work-ready graduates
- Reconnect or develop closer links with Curtin University
To take part in this program as an industry mentor, we ask that you have a minimum of 3 years' professional experience. The Next Step Mentoring Terms & Conditions for Mentors are available through UniHub.
How to Join
The Next Step Mentoring Program is on hold for 2018, relaunching in Semester 1 2019.
Submit an expression of interest for the 2019 program.
If you are interested in other ways of giving back to our students or engaging with Curtin, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 9266 5627.
NB: Whilst best efforts are undertaken to match mentors and mentees based on their degree studied and/or profession preferences, Curtin University cannot guarantee that the resulting match will align with this criteria.
If you have any questions or require more information, please contact the Next Step Mentoring Coordinator, by email
email@example.com or phone (08) 9266 1910.