Industry Mentoring with CareerPLUS
The Curtin CareerPLUS program provides industry professionals with the opportunity to assist Curtin students in developing the skills and knowledge required to transition into graduate employment.
CareerPLUS mentoring matches students with industry professionals, including Curtin alumni, staff and friends, who are currently working in an industry similar to the student’s field of study or area of interest.
Benefits to industry participants
- Enhance your leadership, communication and coaching skills
- Inspire students to reach their career potential
- Give back to your profession and community
- Learn fresh perspectives from today’s students
- Extend your professional network with other mentors
- Gain exposure to highly-motivated students and help your industry receive work-ready graduates
- Reconnect or develop closer links with Curtin University
The broader CareerPLUS program allows students to combine their mentoring experience with a series of mock recruitment activities and other career related experiences, including paid employment, skilled volunteering and work experience.
Please note, in 2020, the Next Step Mentoring Program merged with the Curtin Employability Program to become Curtin CareerPLUS.
CareerPLUS enables students to request a prospective mentor from those registered, based on their course and areas of interest. Upon receiving this request to be matched with a student mentee, the mentor can accept or decline the request, based on whether they feel they can meet the objectives of the student.
Become a CareerPLUS mentor
Applications for CareerPLUS 2020 are now open
To take part in this program as an industry mentor, we ask that you have a minimum of three years’ professional experience.
Submit your application now!
If you have any questions or require more information, please contact the Curtin CareerPLUS Coordinator by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (08) 9266 7802.