On-Campus Employer Events
On-campus Employer Events allow you to engage with our current cohort of students and raise your profile on campus. They are a great opportunity for you to provide information to students about what it's like to work in your industry, and in particular with your company, as well as any current employment opportunities or details about application and selection processes.
Please be advised that Curtin Careers, Employment & Leadership requires a minimum of four weeks notice for all campus events.
- Presentation: a presentation-based format in a lecture theatre setting
- Workshop: Host your own session with a career development/leadership skills theme or co-present an existing workshop as a guest speaker with a member of our staff.
- Drop In: A more flexible visit where we can arrange for you to set up a stand and chat with students on campus OR make a brief announcement at the end of one of our career/leadership workshops.
- Networking: A great way to get to know Curtin students, networking events can be hosted in a range of formats.
Submit a request for an employer event
If you do not have a UniHub account, register using the link at the top left before proceeding.
How many students can we expect at the presentation?
The number of students attending events varies quite a bit and hence Curtin Careers, Employment & Leadership cannot accurately estimate the number of attendees. The reasons for the varying student turn-out could include clashes with classes, approaching assignment due dates and also approaching examinations.
When is the best time to conduct an on-campus presentation to maximise student turn-out?
You should refer to the Academic Calendar 2017 to help you pick the best date for the presentation. It is also advisable to avoid dates close to end of semester as students prepare for exams and assignment submissions.
How will the event be advertised?
Presentations will be advertised for free via:
- UniHub and associated RSS Feeds (accessed through the student portal)
- Inclusion in our weekly 'What's On' post on Careers For Tomorrow
- Reminders to booked students from UniHub
- Posters at the venue on the day of the event
- PowerPoint slides on TV screens across campus (subject to availability).
To ensure maximum awareness of your event, it is also recommended that you purchase a social media advertising package, or invite students via a direct email (which can reach students that are not active on UniHub).